Dartmouth Square

Extension & Refurbishment of a Protected Structure

Location: Dublin

Dartmouth Square is a significant historical architectural set-piece dating from the late Victorian/early Edwardian period.  The western side was complete in 1897 with the eastern and southern sides occupied in 1898.

The project consists of the refurbishment of the interior including the restoration of original features and the addition of a three-storey brick and timber clad extension to the rear of the terraced house.  The front garden was formally landscaped in geometric patterns referencing historical precedents.  A slender shed, modeled as a pavilion, was added to the end of the rear garden; a contemporary intervention creating a focal point as viewed from the main house.